- They (the apostates), however, early on never understood the meaning of any word of Qur’an or suras, which used to bother them very much. Though practicing regular prayers but they did not attempt to read Qur’an because they didn't have any interest in something that they didn't understand. They couldn't conceive what being told about reading Qur’an without understanding the meanings, so they never read Qur’an. .
- From their boyhood, they're very much inquisitive to know about the
religion of Islam.They'd wanted to know about the meaning of Allah,
Prophet, and Angel etc. They've always got many questions on their mind & would be interested to ask about that to any Mullahs or scholars, but to no avail or the answers given never satisfied them, confusing or didn't met their rational thinking. They'd attended many religious sermons but would had a hard time digesting those stories about Islam and prophets, moreover on incredulous Islamic miracles & myths.
- What strange to them was that Islam and poverty
goes hand in hand. For them, the poor people were always deeply religious,
while the rich and affluent were mostly liberal or non-religiousfact. They blamed Allah to be flip-flop about this poverty and they just
couldn't conceive the idea of testing imaan. The entire thing looked
to them as incongruous and did not make any sense. (This is hardly a fact, & he let his broken heart clouded his mind of thinking of the basics in life. Why did he only focused this issue on his streets, why only in Bangladesh? The way life goes. people'd put their efforts to be rich. Hence, there're so many rich & good religious people around the world.)
- They convinced that many Muslims have a love-hate relationship with Islam. They claimed many Muslims didn't like those murderous, hateful and barbaric verses of the Koran, yet Muslims believed in the five pillars of Islam. It is just contradictory: all those five pillars of Islam are based on the Koran, so how could Muslims repudiate Koran in one hand while embracing it in another hand?
- Many other ex-Muslims including ibn Warraq who criticised Islam for its savagery, barbarism, hatred, and cruelty. Their reason why they've to hide themselves is simply because our brothers in Islam would love to kill these apostates should some learn about their whereabouts. For them, that speaks of Islamic intolerance & Islam is fascistic.
29 December 2009
From an Apostate's point of views: Good Reasoning or Led Astray?
Although those apostates were born & bred as a Muslim, the erosion of Islamic belief & system have started for long time, slowly and gradually, ever since their childhood. They'd have had followed their parents who prayed regularly, daily Qur’an recitation, observed fasting (Ramadan), performed Hajj at Mecca and follow other conventional rituals of Islam. Nonetheless, they were never fanatic Muslims. They also learned many Suras by reading Qur’an in Arabic. Some of the reasons i can gather for of benefits to all of us Muslims, are as below:
to be continued...
p/s: This subject really interested me as i believed i was once on edge of becoming an apostate myself. The no. 3 reasoning was my love-hate with Islam & imaan. O' Allah! guide me through the darkness & place me along Your path.